Dubai, UAE, 25 May 2021: The Hospitality Sales & Marketing International (HSMAI), a global organization founded in the US in 1927, announces the launch of new advisory boards to guide the strategic direction of HSMAI in the Middle East region.
HSMAI Middle East is renowned for providing practical tools, insights, and cutting-edge expertise to enable knowledge sharing and enhance professional development in the hospitality industry. It is a nonprofit association that creates and curates’ content from thought leaders in hospitality sales, marketing, and revenue optimization. HSMAI content includes articles, white papers, case studies, research, best practices, and more.
“We are excited to expand our breadth and depth of HSMAI leadership in the Middle East Region with these two new Advisory Boards.” Said Robert A. Gilbert, President & CEO of HSMAI. “With the insights and guidance of these executives, HSMAI Middle East will be better able to fulfill its education mission to grow revenue at hotels in all commercial areas and in the most effective and profitable ways possible.”
The HSMAI Middle East advisory boards have been selectively formed through invitation and include the region’s leading talent.
The Commercial advisory board, led by Thomas Grundner, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, consists of an impressive group of industry leaders including:
- Alexander Lee, Chief Commercial Officer, Jumeirah Group
- Amanda Elder, Chief Commercial Officer, Kempinski
- James Britchford, VP Commercial – India, Middle East & Africa, IHG
- Pippa Williamson, Senior Vice President, Head of Sales & Distribution, Shangri-La Group
- Raquel Lopez, Vice President of Sales & Marketing GCC, Barcelo Hotel Group
- Stijn Bastiaens, Vice President Commercial Director MEA & Turkey, Hilton
The Revenue & Distribution advisory board, led by Tarandeep Singh, Senior Director Revenue Management, IHG, is comprised of the following specialists in the field:
- Clare Dooner, Area Director of Revenue Strategy, Marriott International
- Judith Cartwright, Senior Vice President of Global Revenue Management
- Marieke Siefers, VP Revenue Management, Jumeirah Group
- Moustafa Manoon, Regional Director of Revenue Management, Accor
- Sam El Asmar, Corporate VP Revenue & Distribution, Rotana Hotels
- Sathis Aravinda, Regional Director of Revenue Management, Millennium Hotels & Resorts
- Ulla Virkkula, Vice President of Revenue, Distribution, BI IMEAT, Accor
These advisory boards will shape HSMAI Middle East round table discussions, educational programs, and events. “We intend to provide the industry with more opportunities and relevant information in the current market through these newly formed advisory boards,” said Mona Faraj. “Our Advisory Boards will as well provide invaluable guidance and direction to shape our annual conference ROC ME confirmed for 6 and 7 Dec at Intercontinental Festival City, Dubai to deliver the most relevant and regionally centric agenda”
HSMAI Middle East offers individual and group memberships. Membership benefits include weekly insight communications, educational webinars, and archive access to HSMAI University. The University is a market intelligence platform that allows for sharing best practices and case studies from the industry’s top leaders, complementary training, and events throughout the year.
To learn more about HSMAI and membership options, please visit www.hsmaime.org
HSMAI is a global organization of sales, marketing, and revenue management professionals representing all segments of the hospitality industry. With a strong focus on education, HSMAI leads the way in identifying and communicating trends in the hospitality industry. Operating as a leading voice for both hospitality and for sales, marketing, and revenue management disciplines, HSMAI connects its members with customers. Founded in the United States in 1927, HSMAI is membership organization comprising 5,000 members from 35 countries and chapters worldwide.
HSMAI operates regionally around the globe via regional boards of directors and staff. There are four regions: the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East. Each region has signature programs and services for association members. HSMAI has a Global board which is comprising delegates from each Region. Learn more at www.hsmai.org.